Popular Posts

Sunday, February 24, 2013

In Response to "The Truth About Forever" by Sarah Dessen

While reading this book, I wanted to jump into the story and tell Macy exactly what to do. Macy is the type of character where she thinks too much about what to do with her life. In books with characters like her, I always seem to want to instruct the character what problems are happening around them, and how to fix them. Then I realize, without characters like those, then a lot of books would be really boring. And short.

Anyway, "The Truth About Forever" has taught me to stand up to the truth, and to be able to express any anger or fear inside of me. I know this is the meaning of the book because Macy never did that until she realized that thinking too much made her become afraid of the world and what could happen. When, in reality, you have to just do little things without thinking about the consequences. I'm not saying she can't ever think. I'm saying that Macy would have a lot less stress put on her shoulders if only she didn't always overanalyze.

2 comments:

  1. nice, i know what you feel like. When i get a chance to get into books like that i always want to just be an extra character to tell them what to do. the reader always knows but never the character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah i get were you are coming from. I read this book last year and felt the same way. I hate that feeling where you know what the character should do. But you are right thats what makes the book so interesting! Really thoughtful post! Nice work.

    Waniso

    ReplyDelete