Popular Posts

Sunday, June 9, 2013

In Response To "Anna And The French Kiss" by Stephanie Perkins



   I have been reading a lot of books where I want to go in and help out the main character, tell him or her about what all the other characters think or feel. Then when all hell breaks loose, I think about what could have happened if I could have just told the main character, in this case, Anna, what had been going on.
   Anna started out fine. But once she met Saint Clair, she lost control of her thoughts and words, as in what she said and how she acted around the people who cared about her. And at many times, whenever she would hurt someone who was one of her loved ones, I wanted to help her solve her problems, to use words to prove that she could fix her mistakes.
   I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think all authors try to have that affect on readers where the readers actually want to be involved in the story, not just to read it. Life works a little like that, too. You can't make people listen and want to be included, but from what you say and do, someone will eventually take notice of what you have to say, and put it into some kind of meaningful importance, like the books we read on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment