Popular Posts

Monday, June 10, 2013

In Response To "The Walking Dead Volume One" by Robert Kirkman And Tony Moore

While reading The Walking Dead, I had a lot of thoughts about what I would do if it were me who had to make my way through the zombie apocalypse. I don't think I'd even be able to grasp the fact that nobody could go outside of their group's area without having the high probability of being attacked by a flesh-eating monster. I tried to put myself in Rick, the main character's, shoes: like when he wakes up in a hospital, completely deserted of anything living. What would I do? I'd most likely freak out and end up getting eaten within the first ten minutes of being aware that the world was basically ending.
I think reading books and watching shows about this subject makes us think that we'd know how to handle ourselves if the world was taken over by zombies. The truth is, we really have no idea what we would have to do in order to survive. The rules might be different in our case. The "Walkers" might not be defeated by a good blow to the head; they might have to have every part of their bodies torn to shreds. We won't really know until it happens, which it might not.


We don't take advantage of what we have here

With perfection so close, so finally near

In dimensions unknown, we might have to fight

We might fight to survive, fight for what's right

But right at the moment, nobody cares

Nobody cares for what's rightfully theirs

That's why we do everything that we do

To forget all those things that the walkers would shoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment